UTHealth Harris County Psychiatric Center
HCPC is always available to individuals who need our inpatient hospitalization services. Our admissions office is open 24/7—that's 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call 713-741-3883 to learn more about the process for admission, referrals or insurance.
There are four options for accessing hospitalization at HCPC:
- Transfer from another hospital or treatment center: Transferring staff must obtain administrative and medical clearances prior to transport and admission to HCPC.
- Referral directly from a private psychiatrist: The patient voluntarily requests admission to the hospital.
- Involuntary admission based on the order of a Judge or Magistrate. (Learn more at Court-Ordered & Involuntary Services.)
- During a psychiatric crisis, an individual may be brought to HCPC on a walk-in basis. He or she will undergo screening by our on-site physician, to determine if he or she meets the criteria for hospitalization and needs to be admitted.
Located within the Texas Medical Center, our address is 2800 South MacGregor Way, Houston, TX 77021.
Former patients may request their medical records by contacting the Medical Records office directly in these ways:
- Email HCPCPhysicianrecords@uth.tmc.edu
- Phone 713-741-7888
- Fax 713-741-3870
Protecting Your Confidentiality
HCPC is committed to maintaining strict confidentiality of your records. Both federal and state law require that any communications between a patient and a professional, and records of the identity, diagnosis, evaluation, or treatment of a patient that are maintained by a professional, are confidential and may not be disclosed except under very limited and specific circumstances as provided by law.